Graves’ Shop ‘n Save history;
Graves Shop ‘n Save has roots that date back to 1935.
William Graves, along with his sons Vincent, Donald, Phil and Robert started their business in Mars Hill, Maine, selling meat door to door.
By 1945, this business had evolved into a Red & White grocery store and their affiliation with Hannaford Brothers as a supplier began.
In the mid seventies, Robert Graves, the youngest brother, became sole owner of Graves’ Supermarkets. He along with sons Robert Jr., Greg and Mike ran the company until his retirement in 1995.
Bob Jr., Greg and Mike expanded the business to include 6 grocery stores through out the stare of Maine.
In 2005 Hannaford Brothers purchased all of the stores along with the real estate except this store in Presque Isle where the 4th generation of the Graves family works today.